Women’s Activity Centre (WAC) is a female only day care service, in the central, Park Ward area of Halifax in West Yorkshire. We provide a programme of structured support to mainly South Asian women aged 50+ who due to cultural sensitivity are exposed to social isolation and deprivation. The centre has adopted a variety of approaches exploring the management of maintaining the physical and mental well-being of older Asian women living in Calderdale.
WAC Mission Statement
WAC is a dedicated community centre that aspires to raise the quality of life for South Asian women in Calderdale.
- To provide culturally, religiously and linguistically sensitive care, and practical and emotional support for minority ethnic women.
- To use preventative measures to reduce ill health and alleviate isolation.
- Empower and build confidence through establishing social networks and increasing access to information and advice.
- To promote healthy living and healthy eating.
- Women’s Activity Centre offers services and its facilities to all sections of the community regardless of ethnicity, faith or any other background.
Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday – 9am-2pm
Projects: We run a number of projects. We are currently working with Calderdale Council’s Inclusive Economy Team on a project to help women into working in Health & Social Care. Find out how you can get involved here. Find out more about our projects here
Activities and Services: Accessible to all exercise classes, luncheon club, day care services, respite for carers, relaxation and mindfulness, meditation and holistic well-being, Diabetes self health management, counselling and support. For more information click here
Find Us: Contact us by phone on 01422 252447, email email@example.com or visit us at Hope Mills, Hope Street, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 5DW (On the corner of Hope Street and Gibbet Street) – View Map