How have you been over the last few months? We have been open now for a couple of months and we’re slowly building back up as people start to reintegrate. We are only having our exercise classes on a Monday at the moment, and we are still keeping a check on numbers, so if you would like to attend please call us on 01422 252447 to ask for details.
We have our fitness equipment, infrared sauna, craft, games, socialising and luncheon club, Monday-Wednesday. Again, for more information give us a call or email email@example.com
Good luck to all as we continue to navigate our way through these strange and often difficult times. Take care and stay safe!
Women’s Activity Centre (WAC) is a female only day care service, in the central, Park Ward area of Halifax in West Yorkshire. We provide a programme of structured support to mainly South Asian women aged 50+ who due to cultural sensitivity are exposed to social isolation and deprivation. The centre has adopted a variety of approaches exploring the management of maintaining the physical and mental well-being of older Asian women living in Calderdale.
WAC Mission Statement
WAC is a dedicated community centre that aspires to raise the quality of life for South Asian women in Calderdale.
- To provide culturally, religiously and linguistically sensitive care, and practical and emotional support for minority ethnic women.
- To use preventative measures to reduce ill health and alleviate isolation.
- Empower and build confidence through establishing social networks and increasing access to information and advice.
- To promote healthy living and healthy eating.
- Women’s Activity Centre offers services and its facilities to all sections of the community regardless of ethnicity, faith or any other background.
Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday – 9am-3pm
Projects: We run a number of projects. Talking Works: To tackle isolation and loneliness. Help Others to help Yourself: Develop confidence, make new friends and gain skills for working in Social Care. Find out more about our projects here
Activities and Services: Accessible to all exercise classes, luncheon club, day care services, respite for carers, relaxation and mindfulness, meditation and holistic well-being, Diabetes self health management, counselling and support. For more information click here
Find Us: Contact us by phone on 01422 252447, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at Hope Mills, Hope Street, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 5DW (On the corner of Hope Street and Gibbet Street) – View Map